Minty Kanten Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of absolutely crazy people

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Halcyon Days

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nicolepage

nicolepage

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:33 pm

At the front of the mansion, a faint sound on gears turning could be heard. A moment later, the front doors swung open, allowing a glimpse of the inside. In the entryway, three adults stood there, walking out. One was a man who wore a dapper tuxedo, looking old in years, while the other two were women who both wore matching uniforms. One woman pulled out a cart like those seen in hotels, and the other carried a white briefcase with a red cross on it. As one went from teen to teen, asking for luggage, the other went to Jaclyn, taking her by the arm gently. As this went on, the man coughed before speaking.
"Excuse my intrusion, masters, but the house is now ready to receive your presence. I apologize in advance for such a delay."
Giving a small bow to the group, he gestured with his arm to the entrance of their new home.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/forum/index.php
MintySenpai
Admin
MintySenpai

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Carmella heard some footsteps up to her, they were pretty stompy even through her music. She timidly took out an earphone and looked up. It was the thorny girl from before, now slightly livid. Today is going to be a long day...

"Are the doors unlocked?"

What an odd question, nonetheless it was a question she knew the answer to. She took in a deep sigh, acting like talking was about the hardest thing on the planet,and let the soft words she had to say drabble from her lips. "U-uh...no? Carmella checked the door to the storage to see if she could get in-and it was locked..." As she spoke she nervously clenched her fist and messed around with a strand of her hair. "s-sorry if Carmella didn't give you the answer you wanted..."
Back to top Go down
https://mintykanten.forumotion.com
Dia Senpai
Admin
Dia Senpai

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Rose heard more commotion - and saw that girl scurry off somewhere.
She didn't really care about the other people here -it sounded like there were too many for her tastes, anyway- so she kept moving.

There was indeed a back door - but it was locked.

Rose scowled, ice nearly visible in her glare. But the door remainded stubbornly locked, and she gave it a kick before turning towards the direction the girl with the hat had gone.

Maybe she'd have to see the crowd after all... or maybe...

Mind made up, Rose headed back to the front of the large building, nearly pausing at the group of people - just what was going on over there? - but she ignored them all, instead smoothly making her way towards the large doors at the front.

And then saw her - the same girl, quietly sitting with earphones in.

Oh, just great.

This time, the girl walked up right in front of the girl and, shifting her pack, spoke;

"Are the doors unlocked?"
Back to top Go down
https://mintykanten.forumotion.com/
PandyKae

PandyKae

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Ada's eyes widened at the wounds. Th-this girl looked really hurt... Scraped arms and legs and her whole face was...ouuch. Out of pity, she looked at the Neapolitan girl's bags and then picked them up, holding them for her.
"I-if you want I'll carry them for you," she said hesitantly.
This was the first time since elementary school she'd seen somebody's scraped knees. Since middle school, it's been hard to communicate with other people, so she eventually just gave up. Ada looked at her own bags and sighed. They waited quietly next to where she sat, asking her to drop the strangers and pick up her children. She looked away painfully and gave the girl an irritated expression.
"No need to push yourself, Miss," Ada stated.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/t7rpcomix
nicolepage

nicolepage

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:00 pm

A moment of silence overtook the trio as the dust settled down. Jaclyn lay motionless on the ground, almost looking dead. Her legs unrolled from their curled-up position, landing on the ground gently. A shaky hand raised up steadily, swiping at the air a couple of times before making contact with another hand. Pulling it, the girl stood up to show her wounds.
Her forehead, cheeks, chin, and nose shown a bright red, skin having being torn and dirtied. Similar wounds were on her arms, and dirt marks were embedded into her white shirt. Knees wobbly, she wearily stated,
"Everything...hurts...burns...Owwwwwww..."
Opening her eyes slightly, the bruised girl saw the person that helped her up, a boy, and a girl sitting on the fountain (by her tossed bags, no less). Even in her stated of pain, she closed her eyes and smiled, waving her free hand in hello to them.
Back to top Go down
Setsuna F. Seiei

Setsuna F. Seiei

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Haru turned around to see the girl whose face was fused with the ground.
That has got to hurt... Ohh man it's the weird girl from earlier!!
He ran toward her and then extended his hand toward the girl on the floor.
"Are you alright......?"
Back to top Go down
PandyKae

PandyKae

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:56 pm

"Hi! My name is Haru! Are you living here, too?"
Ada scooted over slightly, probably enough to be noticed, but hoped he didn't.
"Yes..." she said.
A bag slammed itself at her feet and made her jump. She looked down and then in the direction in which it came. A girl with Neapolitan colored hair crash landed...it looked like it hurt a lot. A loooot... Ada stood and put on a very crappy play.
"O-oh no!!" she cried, a little too quietly, looking in the girl's direction. "A-are you...are you okay?!"
Her expectation was to get Haru to turn around and help her so she could escape...

Last edited by PandyKae on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pandy fails to pay attention to everything but her Onii-chan)
Back to top Go down
nicolepage

nicolepage

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Some time had passed from her enthusiastic outburst, which had sputtered out into a calm rest. Jaclyn, with her dark ice eyes, looked out at the palm trees and tropical flora. Looking forlorn, she sighed out,
"Man... It's really quiet... Where is everyone? I'm so lonely...!!"
A sudden burst of energy came when she stood up, closed her eyes, and began to sing,
"Lone-lyyy~ I am so lone-lyyy~ I have no-bo-dyyy~ For my owwww--"
And, like before she held out the last note, going from a harmonic, on-key to off-key. Before she finished 'own', she stopped mid-way and yelled,
"HEY! There's people!!"
Frantically waving her arm, she yelled even louder,
"HI YOU GUYS!!"
Jaclyn quickly threw her bag up on her back, grabbed the other two by their handle, and ran towards the two people she saw at the fountain. With a grin as big as can be, she continued yelling,
"HiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiii-- Ah!"
Then things ended in a figurative train wreck. Her shoe laces, loosely tied, became undone, and the rest was history. The bags in her hand went over her as she went down. Losing her grip, the bags flew over head and were close to landing in the fountain, but rolled to the edge on the ground instead. As for her, she had fallen in what was very cringe-worthy: face slammed into the ground, bag sliding over her head, legs thrown up and over... Jaclyn had become a scorpion.
Back to top Go down
MintySenpai
Admin
MintySenpai

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Someone was coming right at her. "A-a-a-a-!" She was very pretty and looked pretty...rich? Fancy? Well it seemed to come off of her like that...very "winter rose" esque... she seemed to be coming right up to her for conversation. Wh-why is she glaring at Carmilla's hat...? Is it that bad looking...? Carmilla voluntarily winced her eyes closed,anyone walking to the back of the mansion was definitely unsavory.

All of the sudden when the girl was right in front of carmilla she was bypassed. The shy girl's heart sank down to her stomach for some reason. Tears welled in her eyes and she hurriedly burst into the storage room-or at least she tried to. The door was locked, making her feel even dumber than before. The feelings she got when the girl glared at her hat came back. It was a dumb hat anyways... Flustered further with herself, Carmilla snatched the hat off of her head and buried her face in it.

"C-carmilla has gotten second hand embarrassment from herself!! Yet again!! Urgh!!...M-maybe Carmilla should stop goofing around and go up front..." She followed her words and slowly continued her trek. When she got there there were three people, but she didn't care really. Carmilla quietly walked past the three and found a perch on a ledge next to the front door. She made it clear she needed to calm down by bringing out her phone and putting headphones in.
Back to top Go down
Setsuna F. Seiei

Setsuna F. Seiei

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:41 am

Haru walked up to the front of the giant estate and stared in awe.
Wow this place is even bigger than I imagined!!
After walking for 2 days he was ready to finally relax and get some well deserved rest.
I can't believe I had to walk all the way here..... Haven't people ever heard of highway courtesy??
But he soon brushed off the thought and put his attention back to the house.
Now the letter said that I was one of many, so I'm sure people already beat me here and are probably in the house right now
He took a deep breath and starting walking to the front door. First he noticed a girl in the garden square. (Jaclyn)
"She must be another resident!"
He started walking toward her until she starting yelling things like a warrior in battle.....
"She's totally weird!!"
He stopped and looked around again.
"W-Well I'm sure I can talk to her later......"
He noticed a girl scurrying from out of nowhere toward the door, but stop at the fountain. (Ada)
Ahh a normal person!! Remember Haru, first impressions are critical!!
He did a quick check of his appearance and then starting walking toward the sitting girl.
"Hi! My name is Haru! Are you living here too?"
He said while walking toward the girl.
Back to top Go down
PandyKae

PandyKae

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Ada looked up at the towering building and took a deep breath. Absolutely beautiful. A work of art. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...until she heard the voices of other folks. She slowly walked into the shade of a cluster of trees. Her mom was thrilled to find the letter addressed to her daughter, thinking of it as a great way to pull her out of her shell and make her less shy... Yeah right, mom.
She scanned the area for nearby organic vessels and decided she wasn't in anybody's sight. She scurried to the door as fast as she could with maybe a billion bags weighing her down. Getting tired as quickly as she did scared, she dropped everything and sat on the edge of a fountain. Before her, the door stood, so close...yet so far...
Back to top Go down
Dia Senpai
Admin
Dia Senpai

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:00 am

"HOOOOOLLLLLLYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--"

Just what is all that racket?

A gentle clicking of heels alerted the nearby birds to a girl's presence,
her very aura radiating icey irritation, ruby eyes narrowed, cheeks flushed the slightest pink in her fury.

Rose had decided to walk up the pathway to the back door - she didn't need the crowd she was sure was in the entrance area -
though that seemed like decision she might regret.

If there are loud hooligans, i'll be walking right back out these silly doors.

Such were her thoughts as she huffed, gently re-shouldered her backpack of clothes, made sure her laptop was safe in her hands, and marched onwards...
...and of course there was another girl here. Looked like she had some silly hat on, too.
Rose scowled, but moved on determinedly, walking right up to the strange girl -
- then passing her with hardly a glance, weary of this already.

She breezed onwards, trying to locate the back door and ignore the unease of an unknown place with unknown people.
Back to top Go down
https://mintykanten.forumotion.com/
MintySenpai
Admin
MintySenpai

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Click-snap!

A thin young woman was taking a picture of herself (with a very decked out cellphone) giving a peace sign with a sun hat covering her eyes next to some flowers. She looked like she felt very pleasant and content about how life seemed to be blessing her with a new experience.
"Fuaa...this sunlight makes Carmilla's skin look so pale....she hopes she can get tanner with her stay here. Ah well, onto the blog it goes~!"

Halcyon Days Tumblr_inline_ndjde0unQp1qgy16y
Today C-chan finally got a look at the place she's moving into!
There's lots of pretty flora here, she can't wit to look into it more!Halcyon Days Tumblr_inline_mve465WMdn1ryhjgc
Hoping to put new swimsuit to use as well! Since this is such a special occasion and C-chan wants to impress the people she's going to live with, she splurged a bit and got an expensive one... ヽ(・ε・*)
Oh well!! Here I go into my beautiful new home!!
No more troubles for me anymore~~!!!Halcyon Days Tumblr_me96xrzFNr1qdlkyg
Till next time!!

After updating her blog, she closed her phone with a soft click and placed it back into the circulat clutch bag over her shoulders. Next to her legs were a couple of bags of clothing. A soft breeze jostled her hair and clothes as she looked at the- wait a second. Carmilla let out a wavering yelp as she snatched out the floor plans for the manor she recieved out of her bag.

"A-h!! This is-th-the back of the mansion!!!" Tears began flowing out of her eyes. "I goofed up! This is the back! Stupid Carmilla!" She hit herself on the head while grabbing what little luggage she had with the map now crumpled up in her hand. Soft gel sandals carefully marched alllll the way to the front of the mansion.

"Stupid stupid stupid stupi-"

Carmilla heard the loud shouting from the front of the mansion, and she about jumped out of her body when she heard it. Even when she was by...(quick map check) the storage room?  "Carmilla had atleast hoped no one loud would be living here...she guesses she's out of luck..."
Back to top Go down
nicolepage

nicolepage

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:59 pm

"OH--"
A girl with pink and black hair stood in a garden square, staring at the imposing house before her.
"MY--"
She had with her large traveling bags, varying in size but being stuffed silly all the same.
"GOD--!!"
Her mouth was agape as she stood alone in silence, unable to comprehend the sight before her. Taking in a long, deep breath, the girl screamed,
And she held out the last syllable longest, changing into just some barbaric yell.
Jaclyn, most likely the weirdest one that will stay at this house, stood in pure awe at her new home. Her scream dwindled out, as her voice had gotten tired, and she slumped down to her knees. Laying her arms and head on one of her cases of luggage, the drummer muttered out,
"This~...is~...amazing~...!!"
Back to top Go down
nicolepage

nicolepage

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Dear Sir or Madam,

You are one of many youths to have been selected by the Master of the house to inherit his estate. This letter may come off as a surprise, but I shall explain in due time. You've one week to consider the decision to attend or not. Such a decision will not be enforced, but is limited. When the allotted time is up, myself and a few other servants shall come to each individual house, offering the chance to come. If you are to come, you shall live in the Master's home, and can do of it as you please. Services shall be provided 24/7, and there will be no curfew. All we wish is for you to stay with us, but if you are so inclined to leave, you may do so. But, I must say, you will never be able to set foot on the property again, for leaving is a way for you to relinquish your part of the estate.

With best regards,
Wilford Grant
Humble servant to the departed Master

~~~
This is an image of the home you will reside in
To the north (the end with the pool) is a private beach that overlooks a crystal blue sea
To the south is where the property stops and a small tourist town resides
To the east and west is other properties, but are far enough away to not be seen
~~~
Days go by: Early Morning; Morning; Noon; Mid-Afternoon; Afternoon; Evening; Night; Late Night

x (month)/xx (day) - _(time)_

Last edited by nicolepage on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halcyon Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Days   Halcyon Days Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Halcyon Days
Page 1 of 1